Monday, May 31, 2004

I really, really, really should have gone to bed much earlier. I have to go to work tomorrow and I will be hurting for sleep. I had to make some additions to my blog so of course that is the priority over sleep.

My doula is going out of town for the week. I hope I do not need her. I don't think I will. As much as I hurt and swell and tire, I just don't think they are coming this week. I HOPE they don't. It is still too early. It is good to talk to my doula. She helps me keep things in perspective. So does my mom. They both said today that I am doing very well for carrying twins. I'm not on bed rest and I haven't had any problems. Everyone is amazed, including myself. I thought that from all of this recent stress that something was going to happen too early, but it hasn't.

Cory has pretty much nixed all of my ideas for creating more space in this tiny house. Apparently it all has to be on his terms. I can't have a creative thought without him thinking that I am absolutely crazy. I think he resents me on some level. I'm not sure where it comes from, but I think it has something to do with the fact that I make more money than he does. He says one of the things he loves about me is that I am a smart, thinking woman. But then I often feel like I get torn down and my ideas are just "out there" to him. On the other hand, his ideas can be really unrealistic. For example, he talked about putting the swings away when we weren't using them. "We won't be using them 24 hours a day, will we?" Uh, well, um, MAYBE! I am NOT dragging two swings to the garage every day. If he wants to do that, then he can. Yet again, he has NO CONCEPT of how this all works. I guess I was lucky enough to have a brother born when I was in 8th grade. I was old enough to remember a lot of this. Ok, enough about that.

So I went to the home improvement store and bought a couple of baskets for organizing the changing table shelves and an ironing board caddy. Yes, I did mount it to the wall myself. I think it looks much neater here in our laundry/computer room. If he doesn't like it, then he can fill in the holes in the wall. I'm tired of having everything scattered about like we live in a college dorm.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a anxiety herbal remedy site/blog. It pretty much covers ##KEYWORD## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

3:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home