Tuesday, August 03, 2004

I guess my regular readers (all 2 of you) have missed me. I have been trying to spend some more time with my husband in the evenings since it seems his Playstation playing has fallen off some. I used to spend time on the computer while he was gaming.

So here's the update:
I go back to work on Monday. I'll be resigning my job at that time. I have been offered a job that is more in line with what I want to be doing with my career at this time. I will be doing work with people in mental health crises, which counts as supervised hours towards my social work licsense. I also look forward to having a job where I will be more likely to leave the stress of the job when I go home. Currently, I am unable to do this because I worry about ongoing projects and events. I ruminate about minute details of things that I usually have no control over. With crisis work, you are dealing with the stress of the moment. I am really looking forward to moving on!

My brother in law was diagnosed with diabetes. He called two nights ago wanting Cory to come over and fix him something to eat because he felt sick. I answered the phone and his speech was slurred. I assumed his sugar was low and never realized it could be high and be dangerous. It was 468. From what I've read since then, he was probably on the verge of a coma from ketoacidosis. He just went to a walk in clinic for the initial diagnosis. Since then we've had several family members discuss with him that he needs to see a family doctor or endocrinologist or both. It was pretty scary just talking to him the other night. He seems to be doing better but his sugar is still really high.

I will try to not complain about my mother in law too much. It is too easy for me to make her the bad guy. I will mention this: we went over there Monday night for a visit. She started to put Aidan's bottle in the microwave. NONONONONO! First of all, she assumed he was fussy because it was a little cold. I practically give it to them out of the fridge some times and he doesn't care. Secondly, YOU DON'T PUT THE BOTTLE IN THE MICROWAVE. I mean, that should be a no brainer, right? How long have microwaves been around? How often have you burnt your mouth on something unevenly heated by the microwave? Duh.

Ok, that's it with her.

I'll try to be a little more consistent with blogging. Some days it just gets really hard. I've been going over to my mom's house a lot lately, and my brother hogs the computer sometimes. Often sleep is the priority. I really miss my sleep. And my brain.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

YAY! Such good news (on the job front). Will you get a flexible work schedule to stay home with the boys?

12:29 AM  
Blogger oscar said...

Congrats! I'm so happy for you!

5:20 AM  
Blogger djuggler said...

Don't you mean "all 17 of you"?

10:55 AM  
Blogger Hula Doula said...

I'm so sorry about your brother in law. Was it type 1 or type 2? My husband 3 months after we were married was diagnosed with type 1. When he went into the doc and they took his sugar it was 592. Yes the 400 is horrible and deadly. Anything above 200 really is out of line.
I'm glad to hear you are spending time with your hubby. That's a good thing.
Great luck with your new job!! I hope you enjoy it.
Take good care.
PS we did miss you

3:22 PM  
Blogger kerid said...

WOOHOO! CONGRATS! I'm excited for you! And sorry 'bout the brain -- I've been hogging our shared brain cell as I prepare for my students to arrive.

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home