Friday, July 30, 2004

Tip For Parents of Children in Diapers

A friend gave me this tip that has proven to be the most valuable piece of information I have received since having babies. She gave me a bed pad or "rubber sheet" as she called it. It is a waterproof pad you can put in a crib. She suggested putting down a crib sheet, then the pad, then another sheet. This way, when diapers leak in the middle of the night, you simply remove the sheet and the pad and you have a clean, dry sheet without having to change the bed in the middle of the night when you are fumbling around half asleep. The waterproof pads also come in a size that fits a changing table. I use those on the bed too since the boys are still pretty small.

Speaking of the boys and sleeping arrangements: they are now sleeping in separate beds. The doctor suggested angling their mattresses at a slight degree for improving their reflux and spit up problems. I decided to finally take his advice in the middle of the night one day this week. I rolled up a bath towel and placed it under the mattress on one side. There is no way to place two babies in a single crib now because they would roll over to far and probably suffocate in the crib bumpers. I think these new arrangements have helped because they are sleeping better with less tummy trouble. We are also making them wake up during the day so that they will go the full 4 hours between feedings.

Cole has graduated from newborn to a size 1 diaper. I'm sure Aidan could go to a size 1 as well, but the newborn still fits him without leakage. Cole's butt is getting too big. They are also starting to outgrow some clothes. When they were first born, it was hard to imagine them ever being any bigger. I just can't wait to see them smile for the first time.

3 Comments:

Blogger oscar said...

What has happened to Schmal???

3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey came looking for adult ohio personals

i found another blog about it nice ! adult ohio personals are a great way to find someone!
Maybe you should think about adding more adult ohio personals related topics on your site.

heres another related site about adult ohio personals

3:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi thought I would just leave this message on your blog. I hope you don't mind. I've been trying to find blogs where people are talking about t shirt logo designs and I found this one on this post. Anyhoo, thought I would say hi, before I go off to find some more t shirt logo designs.

12:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home