Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Blogging on my lunch break... shh!

My most recent job change has been since January of this year as a therapist at one of our local mental health clinics. I decided at the end of last year that I wanted to pursue becoming a licensed clinical social worker. To do that you must: obtain your master's degree; provide clinical services supervised by another LCSW; obtain 2000 hours over 2+ years; have 100 hours of supervision; take a big fat test. I am about 600 hours into the supervised time so I still have a while to go. Our days here are really busy, with TennCare (Tennessee's medicaid prog.) standards we can see people for 30 minute sessions. An 8 hr day you could potentially see 16 people. Today I have 15 people scheduled and everyone has shown this morning. It's been a busy day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home