Monday, April 24, 2006

Julie has been asking me how my new job is. I am so glad that i do not have to see people in crisis anymore. I really did not realize how you as the professional often get into a "crisis mode" as well. I often was running on adrenaline going from ER to ER or homeless shelter, etc; sometimes not eating.

Now with my new job, I sit at my desk most of the day and have people who actually want treatment (most of the time) come to me. It is more of a challenge for me since i have to be creative in working with different people and different problems. I had to hospitalize my first client the other day, and that was odd.

I am trying to run a therapy group for parents with mental illness. That is the most challenging so far since I am not doing well in recruiting people for the group.

Another challenge is teenagers who do not want to be in therapy but someone has "made" them.

That's my job so far. I enjoy most of it. I feel inadequate a lot of the time but then I realize I have a lot to learn.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear the job working out.

Will you be at the zoo Sat?

4:42 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Oh that sounds so much better. That's great you are so much more relaxed and happy and fulfilled. I know the MCU job is so very hard and trying. But I know you did good work there too.

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home