Tuesday, September 12, 2006

As i sit at home on the 4th day of strep sickness, i am trying to figure out what to do with my blog. My problems are many: I don't have the time that I used to have, Cory's real estate business has taken off and he hogs the computer all night, I do not want to blog at work because they monitor everything done on the internet. (I also have the tendency to get caught up in the blogging and not do my work).

I would like to re-do the pages but i'm not tech savvy enough to figure it out. I don't have any money to pay anyone to do it. i'd like to save the pages and pages i've written because there are some important milestones there.

so those are my dilemmas. anyone with answers? anyone still read? :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

I still read it!! I wish you would keep up with, at least from time to time..
I hope you get to feeling better soon, strep in adulthood is really bad and can be serious. I had my tonsils out b/c of getting it several times in my twenties.
take care of yourself, miss you, love jules

5:15 PM  
Blogger kerid said...

I still read! I was so surprised and glad to see a post today! As for your problems, sorry, kiddo, but no answers here. Although ... I find that personally with internet stuff I need to give myself a time limit or I get sucked in. Maybe you could give yourself 15 min/day?

6:10 PM  
Blogger kerid said...

I still read! I was surprised and glad to see a post! As for your woes ... hmm. For me personally, when it comes to internet anything, I need to give myself a strict time limit or my day/evening/time disappears into a black hole. Maybe you could give yourself a certain amount of time each day? In any case, I'm glad to hear from you, even if it is because you are ill -- feel better soon! Strep is nasty.

6:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Of course we still read. It makes my day to see a post from Schmal! I'm sorry you're feeling sick and that we don't hear from you more often, but good for Cory that his venture (and yours by association) is going well. Gracie says to give the boys a kiss for her.

10:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still read you. Btw, never equate a lack of comments to a lack of readership.

Saving your pages, particularly on Blogger, I view as important. I lost 2 years of drafts when Blogger deleted my account.

You don't need to pay to get a redesign on the pages but you do need to make a backup of your template first (and I'd recommend a backup of the posts). My greatest suggestion is moving to wordpress on a domain that you own and pay someone to host but that involves money. I can recommend a good host at as little as $2.49 per month. With that Cory could also have his own domain for his real esate biz (glad to hear it has taken off btw!).

We should talk.

6:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home