Friday, September 17, 2004

I need to be making a birthday card for my brother but here I am on blogger. I find that I don't get to keep up with my blogging now that my job is not in front of a computer most of the time. Probably a good thing as far as my productivity is concerned...

My orientation is over except for a one day training next Friday for CPR and First Aid. I'm just ready to learn my job and go do it. It's already more exciting and interesting than my old job. Maybe it's because the job is new, but it's also crisis work. There is always something strange and dramatic going on. And I'm wondering if I need some of that in my life.... quite possibly.

I've sat in on two assessments so far. The assessment seems like the easy part. The hard part is, of course, dealing with insurance companies, hospitals, other professionals, etc. etc. Why does accessing the care one needs have to be so difficult? this one poor client was severely depressed. it made me sad to listen to him and just even LOOK at him.

Anyway, I guess I better get to making Cody a card. He will be 14 on Monday and we are going over there to eat pizza. I'd like to have a garage sale this weekend, but I don't know if i can get my stuff together tonight. I wonder if the weather is supposed to be nice. I hope so; I need to dry out.

1 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

I used to coach people on what to tell mobile crisis when I knew they needed to be hospitalized,, helped you guys out w/ the insurance part, and call it unethical, but I knew what needed to be done for their CARE and that was always my first concern. You will do a great job. I'm glad you are there, that is a big comfort. They need folks like you, compassionate caring people like little Alice!

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home