Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Despite having to sit and listen to some boring stuff yesterday, I enjoyed the first day of my new job. With a large company, you just have to endure some of the boring orientation stuff. Hours of it. I've also never worked in health care. The regulations and rules are astounding. You know, HIPPA and all of that.

The president and CAO of the company spoke to us for a little while. She was very inspiring and motivating. She is on the board of the non-profit I used to work for. But I never heard her speak about her company or her vision. She is a great leader. They brought her in when the company was losing an astounding amount of money and she turned it around. There is no money in mental health, she said. But they are managing to provide the necessary services in an efficient manner. Wow. I never heard any of that at my old job.

I need to get going.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home