Wednesday, September 08, 2004

To Sleep, Perchance to Dream

I am having trouble with this bedtime and nap schedule thing. When do babies start getting on a regular sleep schedule? Last night we put them to bed at 9:30 pm. I had to get up several times to soothe one or the other back to sleep.

sidebar: with twins, it is always something and there's no break. one would wake up, I would get him to sleep, I go lie down, then the other one cries out. Rinse. Repeat.

they finally woke up fully at 3:30 am (!) that's about 6 hours of sleep, but i wasn't asleep that whole time. So now I am a zombie. Or I will be tomorrow. Any suggestions? How did you get your infants to learn to sleep through the night?

Work stuff
Thursday and Friday are my last two days at my old job. I will miss my coworkers, Linda and Stacy. We went out to lunch today to Wasabi Japanese steakhouse. It's one of those places where they cook the food in front of you. So much fun! I ate so much that I do not feel the need to eat dinner.

I am looking forward to this new job because I am stuck in my old job. I do the same thing over and over again with no room for growth or creativity. Now, this new job will be the same thing over and over again, but at least I will be working toward a goal of gaining hours and experience for my social work licsense. I will also be learning new things and meeting new people. My brain is starved for new experiences and knowledge. I need to start reading again. (yeah. when?)

the boys have been asleep for an hour now. I'm going to go wake them, one at a time, and give them a bath. they LOVE their little bathtub. I can't wait until they can sit up in it. it has a little net that they lie in until they can sit up. they just lie there all relaxed. so relaxed sometimes that they pee in my face! i'll try to take some bathtime pictures for half naked thursday.
love ya, bye!


3 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Alice,
I think my niece started to sleep through the night at about four - five months - of course she didn't have another baby next to her that would wake her up either. I know it's a tough time, you are doing great and one day I hope they appreciate it and when they have money from being doctors or best selling writers they will buy you a nice home and you can retire early and travel w/ your hubby. thanks for the tip on the church! We will try that one if ever get up early enough to make it to west knoxvegas! I've been there once myself and enjoyed it several years ago.

7:54 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Amy slept through the night right after her first birthday. :) Hee-hee!

8:55 PM  
Blogger Alice said...

oh that's hilarious. :P

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home