Tuesday, July 13, 2004

One Month Doctor Visit

My mom and I took the boys to the doctor today for their one month visit. Aidan weighs 7 lbs., 3 oz. (up from 5 lbs., 10 oz two weeks ago). Cole weighs 7 lbs., 12 oz. (from 6 lbs., 4 oz.). They are both now "on the chart" for their height and weight, rather than below it. Aidan is 10th percentile and Cole is 15th.

We switched formulas and can even add a little rice to ease the spit up problems we've had. The doctor said we've been doing a great job and they both look great. Aidan has more control over lifting his head than Cole, but Cole's head is a lot bigger. Hence, we call him "punkin' head" now.

We still have to keep them away from large crowds of people, especially children, like in a church nursery. But mom and I took them to Wal-Mart this afternoon. We have a net that fits over the stroller, as well. This was an idea we got from another mom of twins who came very early.

The nurse we always have at the doctor's office has an attitude problem, however. She always talks down to me. I am crafting an assertive response to her next time she does it. Assertive, but not mean, condescending, or passive agressive like she is. (this is very difficult for me to do; I usually fall into the passive aggressive responses). Other than her attitude and my extreme weariness, today has been a good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home