Thursday, June 24, 2004

I'll get back to the boys' birth story later. Again, I should be asleep but I can't. My mind keeps racing. Besides, I have to take Aidan to the doc today at 8 am; he has nasty yellow goop in his eyes.

The thoughts I keep having are pretty far our philosophical for my poor mind to handle alone. I used to enjoy my political philosophy classes, but for me, I have to practice thinking like that for it to make any sense. And usually I come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter if it makes sense; you just have to muddle through it.

I've suddenly been hit with the reality of the life cycle, having now created life, times two! I do not fear death, but thinking about it saddens me. I was torn up today when my mom left the house. She kept asking me if she needed to come back later. I told her no. When she is there, someone takes care of me. When I am with Cory, Aidan, and Cole, I am the caretaker of everybody. Cory would not admit this to be true, but it is. Why else would I miss my mom so much?

What will I ever do when she is gone for good? These are the thoughts I have. How do you move on with life when something about the end of it seems sort of futile? Maybe I am in a fatalistic mood since it is so early in the morning. I guess this is a huge reason why people have religions that teach about an afterlife.

Cory would tell me that I worry too much, and I know that I do. But for some reason, my mind has to go to these places for me to get much out of life. Call it worry, call it what you want; it's just how I am wired.

I need to watch "The Lion King" again. So many things like movies, books, and just life itself take on new meanings when you have your own children. I never realized just how big this was.

How do you deal with your own mortality?

2 Comments:

Blogger rasita said...

Relax, don't try to think too deep into your sadness at the moment. It is pretty common to have baby blues early on after the kids are born. I had it with all my three and I never had my mum around. I cried all night, non-stop. Your body, and hormones, are still settling down and things can affect you easily, especially if it is coupled with sleep deprivation. Take it easy and know that your husband loves you and this is as new for him as it is for you.

5:44 AM  
Blogger Kristal said...

Ditto! She already said everything I was going to... Know that you have a lot of people that care about you. Wish I could come over and help out! Keep your chin up and enjoy the newness of the boys...

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home