Thursday, June 03, 2004

I need to get over my resentful feelings toward my husband. I need to let him do things and realize things on his own time.

He worked yesterday, went to the doctor and then came home and made dinner. I worked yesterday, and by the time I got home, my legs were starting to swell along with my feet. I wanted and needed to do some cleaning around the house, but I knew my body wouldn't tolerate it.

I became frustrated this morning when all of the dishes from the night before were still sitting there dirty. We had just discussed a possible bug problem in the kitchen. Cory doesn't use just a few dishes to cook, either. He is "the chef" and has to use every available dish, utensil and pot.

So I start to do the dishes this morning. He comes in and tells me to stop because he was going to do them. I ask what is expected of me and he says "Nothing!" I guess I needed to hear that because my assumption was that he was wanting me to do some things around the house still. I think he just wants recognition for his part and patience with doing everything else. I want it all done and done now. I wonder if Mary Poppins is still for hire...

I think we both are so independent, or stubborn, that we don't like to ask others for help. Both my mom and his mom have offered to come over and clean. I haven't been able to bring myself to say "yes" to them yet. My mom cleaned up after me for years. I was such a messy person up until a few years ago.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Schmalice -- I'd be happy to visit for a weekend and help you take care of household stuff, if you'd like :) xoxo, keri

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home