Wednesday, June 02, 2004

DOCTOR APPOINTMENT UPDATE

I had another appointment this morning. My blood pressure was elevated, and he was concerned about that. I have to go weekly now so that they can keep an eye on that.

The ultrasound showed that one baby is head down with his head already in my pelvis. I knew that already because my bladder tells me every hour. The other baby is still up high with his head on my left side. Both of their legs are on my right side. The lower baby was difficult to measure because his legs are deep inside of me. From his measurments he calculated that one weighs 4 lbs., 10 oz. and the other is 4 lbs., 6 oz. So they are at least symmetrical in their growth. Doc said they would be big but not too big. He also said if they were born this week that they would be in NICU, and we certainly don't want that.

He checked my cervix, and it is still closed. My contractions aren't causing it to dialate, thank goodness.

That's the update this week! I guess now I'll be giving weekly updates until they arrive. It's good that my boss and I talked last week about working from home because the doc said I needed to start restricting my activity. I won't be able to do that today because I have to meet with the pregnant teenagers at 1 pm and then another meeting at 3 pm. I guess I better get to work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home