Wednesday, May 26, 2004

I don't know if you would call it "lightening" yet, but my babies have moved into a somewhat lower position. I thought they had when I looked at myself in the mirror yesterday. Then my mom noticed it too. They have been much more active lately. I am just hoping that the one who was scrunched up into my right ribcage has started to move head down. My next appointment is Tuesday next week, and we will have another ultrasound.

I've decided that my husband just doesn't get it. Last night my brother came by to pick up some furniture that we don't use for his girlfriend to use in her new apartment. They were getting ready to leave and my car was in the way. All of this was after my mom's grandmother shower. My feet were probably twice their normal size (I am not exaggerating this). I had not been home since I went from work to my mom's. They asked us to move the car. He threw a mini-fit when I asked him to please move the car because his feet hurt too since he had been climbing a ladder all day at work. Wah. I always thought that he was a little more sympathetic than the average man. I guess I was wrong and this disappoints me greatly. I've been mostly disappointed with him through all of this. All I see is that my pregnancy is not about him, he doesn't get the attention, and it kills him.

Are my expectations too high? Here's what he has done: helped put the nursery together, got a second job, done some more of the housework recently, gone to doctor appointments when he can. Here's what I asked him to do that he hasn't done: read at least one book about being a father, massage my feet every now and then without having to ask, show that we are going to sacrifice somewhere on our (or his) "fun" activities (he still talks about renting playstation games and playing golf), saving money instead of blowing it. It only becomes a priorty when it applies to what he wants.

I make him sound like a terrible person, and he is not, I just know he has the capacity to be better, especially when it comes to supporting me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home