Thursday, April 08, 2004

My hands and feet are so swolen. I decided to try the choir thing tonight. The robes are almost unbearably hot. We have new ones so they are much lighter than the old, but still an extra layer of clothing does not help the pregnant lady. I did OK singing, and it did feel good to be there. Everyone is so supportive and kind. If you don't want attention, don't ever get pregnant!

As you can deduce, I did not go straight home. Cory and I went out to eat at a Mexican place that we've never been to. It was goooood! Like I said, food drives my day.

The boys get really excited when they hear the organ play at church. They also like the music in general. they moved the most they've moved all day when we were sitting in the service, mainly when there was music.

My doula asked about their positioning. We want them to be head down for the birth so that they can have the optimal conditions for vaginal delivery. She told me to get some couch cushions and elevate my legs and butt. Then I should play some music on some headphones way down low on my uterus. The thinking is that they will move down to hear the music. She said it was an "old midwife trick." Hey, I'll do anything to get them to do what I want! I haven't done it yet because I don't know where my headphones are. i was also thinking about making a CD with some music specifically for them. i want to put a lot of different music on the CD so that they will grow up to like many different varieties of music -- just like their mommy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home