Sunday, March 14, 2004

I spent several hours at my parents' house. I mainly talked to my mom because my dad and my brother are both mesmerized by tv and/or computer screens. My brother sits at the computer desk, leans against the wall, turns the tv toward him and watches tv and the computer simultaneously. That, my friends, is sad. But, my parents don't do anything about it. Mom and I had good conversation. My nose kept getting stuffier and stuffier as the night went on. I came home and took some generic "non-drying sinus" medication. What it should also say is "non-sleeping" on the box, too. I did fall asleep at about 10:30, right after I heard my husband come in the door from work (the second job at Lowe's).
He came to bed at 12:30, brought the dog, and the night went downhill from there. The way he was holding the dog in the bed made it so her legs kept kicking me in the ribs. So finally I picked her up and put her at the end of the bed. This was after being startled awake by the kicking. I tossed and turned, and finally, I just got up and went to the couch. This is the first time, but probably not the last time, I slept on the couch. It wasn't so bad, and I actually had room for all of the pillow placement I needed. I proped my legs up and put a pillow between my legs. I still didn't sleep well, but at least no one was kicking me. I was also coughing, and I didn't want to disturb Cory with that.
I have just now woken up from an hour-long nap, and I was STARVING. I just finished my second breakfast, and I'm still not very satisfied. I think we are about to see a growth spurt in my belly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home