Wednesday, March 31, 2004

Blogger Idol

It's like American Idol but for your blog!
This week's theme is "Blogger Pageant." I have to pick a pageant contestant question and answer it. I selected the question "Who is your family's "black sheep" and why?"

I am my family's "black sheep." This distinction mostly refers to our political ideologies and world views. I discovered that I am the black sheep back in January when we were sitting around talking with my brother and his girlfriend after his birthday dinner. Apparently, they are shocked that I do not approve of George W. Bush as our President. My mom tells me this and of course I ask, "Why?" "He is a good Christian man, and they don't know why you wouldn't support him."

Uh, where do I start?

Honestly, I just don't know where to start making my list of why I think he is a poor leader. I'll have to do that list in another blog.

So my political and social views make me a black sheep. I find this strange because I went to a very conservative college. I think the friends that I made in college and professors that I had did more to help me think critically about the world than anything. Most of the students were very conservative. I guess I just have to go against the flow everywhere I am. It has taken me awhile to be comfortable in that position. But is pays to be weird in a world that is consumed by consumption.

My youngest brother apparently shares my views on the world. I wonder what happened to him? I guess some people can see beyond simple self and family protection.

i could go more in depth here, but I don't have the time or the energy today. it takes a lot of energy to be the black sheep. Baaa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home