Thursday, August 12, 2004

Two Month Doctor Visit

This morning was the two month old well-baby visit to the doctor. Aidan weighs 9 lbs, 7 oz. and Cole weighs 10 lbs., 4 oz. (10-4 Good Buddy! Over) They are still considered about 1 month behind a full term baby, but they are healthy and growing well. The nurse hooked us up with the formula. She said the Carnation rep has to cover the entire state of Tennessee by herself. What a crappy job.

They had to have 4 shots each. Aidan made me cry when he had his. My mom came with us today, and she cried too. She said she didn't cry when her children had their shots. They fell asleep soon after receiving them. The doctor said that they used to have to give 10 shots at the 2 month visit.

Despite the fact that insurance is the biggest racket in the world, I am glad we have it. Today would have cost us $900 without it. With it, I paid $50 in co-pays. I'm glad we had it for their delivery, too, because just the hospital stay was over $14,000.

Aside: Clyde is back with the "drill" for the toilet.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cathy said...

We uninsured get our children's shots at the health department for free.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Alice said...

I was going to go to the health dept. myself, but I found out that our insurance covers immunizations. Some plans don't.

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home