Wednesday, August 11, 2004

I really don't need your condescending hateful tone today, boss.

First thing this morning all I get is crap from him. I (supposedly) run a program that purchases school clothes and other items for children in need. He did some of the purchases for that program while I was on leave. He told me when I returned on Monday to check the budget before making purchases. I did that on Monday with the office manager.

Yesterday I made some purchases. As I was bringing them into the office, he asks, "What's all that? More Youth Connection stuff?" Me: "Yes. Is something wrong?" (I assumed there was from the hateful tone he had in his voice) Him: "I thought I told you to check the budget before buying anything else." Me: "I checked with Linda." Him: "I did not know that." Me: walked out of the room.

I got MAYBE 2 or 3 hours of sleep last night. I don't need this shit. Let me do my freaking job! If you would let people do their jobs, maybe they would stay at this hell-hole of an agency. Working for a non-profit is hard enough without all of this stupid stuff.

The way he talks to you is intended to make you feel stupid and insignificant. His own insecurities come out in that attitude.

I wish I did not need a good reference from him because I am in the state of mind to tell him off right now.

I think the door to my office will remain closed today.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scooter Deb said...

I wish I had an office door I could close. Though I'd probably lay my head on the desk and nap, if that were the case.

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home