Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Aidan has been fussy all day long. I think that he will be the needy child. You can get him to sleep, lay him down, and a few minutes later, he will fuss again. Cole has been content to be asleep most of the day. We went to my mom's house this afternoon, and I think Aidan slept maybe and hour and 1/2 while we were there. As long as he sleeps tonight, I can deal with the fussy day.

My mom is apparently trying to get FMLA information from her employer so that she can possibly keep the boys for awhile before returning to work in the fall. She works for the local school system and would have to return to work the first of August. My grandmother told me the other day, "just say the word and I'll keep them." I have a hard time asking her to quit her job. Then she told me that she needed the hospitalization insurance she gets from her job. So I don't know if she could really keep them or not.

I would like for someone to keep them for awhile so that maybe I can establish a work-from-home opportunity when I do return to work. My job is a dead end job, which is sad because it doesn't have to be. If you've been reading my blog long enough, you know how crappy my boss is. If he had ANY imagination and entrepreneurial skill, he could make our agency something much better than it is. He's just too scared and too paranoid to do anything "different." Too afraid of change. Too afriad to take suggestions from the "underlings" and unwilling to give people power to grow a program.

This is what I have to look forward to when I return to work. I want to move on to a place where I can move up, grow, and possibly get a raise each year (I did not get a raise this year). I probably need to get out of the mental health field because the problems go above the boss, too.

Ok, enough about work. I guess I am thinking about it because my two co-workers are coming to visit me and bring me lunch tomorrow. Yummy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home