Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Doctor Visit

I am starting to be concerned about my pregnancy. At today's visit, I had high BP and I'm spilling protein in my urine. Both are possible symptoms of pre-eclampsia. I have to take a 24 hour urine sample and then take it to the doctor on Thursday. I will have my blood drawn again at that time. Then I will go back to the doctor on Friday to get the results. The only treatment for pre-eclampsia is to deliver the babies. At least we've made it this far. Friday I will be 34 weeks.

Cory and I are supposed to celebrate our anniversary tomorrow night. I called him at work to tell him what the doctor said and I don't think he fully understands. I told him I had to collect my urine. He said "Hold it." I'm going to print out that article I referenced above for him to let him know just how serious this is.

My mom is going to come over to take care of me. I am supposed to do some work, but I would really just like to sleep.

4 Comments:

Blogger Cathy said...

Get some rest. The work is not important.

9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second that. Get rest--nothing matters more than your (and the babies') health!

-Rachael

11:07 AM  
Blogger rasita said...

Get some rest and know that if your boys are born now they shall be in the best hands and further along then a lot of babies born premmie out there. Hope that made sense, I feel like I am rambling.

10:31 PM  
Blogger Alice said...

Thanks friends. My mom had me go to her house yesterday and waited on me there. I did get to rest and I did not work yesterday. I am feeling better today, but I am still taking it easy.

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home