Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Cory and I had a big fight about nothing last night. I just love arguments like that. Pointless. We were both tired, stressed, and just took it out on each other. I am feeling insecure about our financial/insurance situation, and I don't know what to do about it. If I try to talk to him about it, he takes it personally. All I want to do is talk about my feelings.

My mom keeps talking about giving an "ultimatum" to make things change with him. Essentially, that's what she had to do with my dad. He went through a time of abusing substances, which started to affect our family. We left. Things did change after that, however, I think this situation is quite different with Cory.

How do I gently suggest things without getting it thrown back in my face? How do I tell him about things that I observe that seem self-destructive and family-destructive?

One of the things that really bothers me about his financial management skills is that he is a master manipulator. If there is something he wants, he will find any and every way to get it. This happened with the computer, the truck, and the vacation. How do I get him to "want" these children and make that a priority? I don't see it happening until they get here.

5 Comments:

Blogger djuggler said...

Read this book The Five Love Languages: How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate cover to cover before making any ultimatums! Good book!

12:29 PM  
Blogger djuggler said...

Read this book The Five Love Languages: How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate before making any ultimatums! Good book!

12:30 PM  
Blogger djuggler said...

Read "The Five Love Languages: How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate" by Gary Chapman before giving any ultimatums. Good book!

(apparently blogger doesn't let me post links in comments...)

12:31 PM  
Blogger Alice said...

Ok Doug I get the point! :)

Apparently the links do work. At least they are highlighted in the comment so it looks like a link. I'm going to try it and let you know.

I read all kinds of books that I find helpful. I just wish that HE would do something like that. It would let me know that he at least wants to work on our marriage as much as I do. Often reading stuff like that is pointless for me because I feel defeated when I think about the prospects of him doing likewise.

12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you do it, he may just copy. Don't stress over trying to get him to read it. You start the wheels in motion and see what happens.

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home