Thursday, April 29, 2004

Yet again here at the office, back at the old grind.

Last night I tried the old midwife trick my doula showed me again. This involves elevating your hips so that your baby (or babies) will present in the vertex position. I should be doing this every day, but it is difficult for me to get on the floor and then get back up. I tried it on the couch, but I felt like I wasn't getting enough elevation. Each time I do this exercise, I get winded because pressure is placed on my back and my lungs. I'll have to ask my doula about all of this next week when I see her.

I should have taken a walk yesterday, but it felt much better to be lying down. The couch is uncomfortable, so I went to the bed again. I am reading a book I found in the library, "When You are Expecting, Twins, Triplets, or Quads." This book is the best book on multiples I have read so far. It's only the third book on being pregnant with multiples I've seen. Most of the others are either basic pregnancy books (which have one page on twins or higher order multiples) or they deal with just the parenting aspect of twins. "When You are Expecting" talks about the emotional aspect of carrying multiples in such great detail and care. It actually describes the feelings of carrying multiples as the same as the stages of death and dying (ala Kubler-Ross)

I want to add Amazon books to my blog, kind of like Cathy & Doug have done. I need to find out from them how to link those to my blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home