Monday, April 26, 2004

Ok here we go...

I didn't blog all weekend because on Saturday I did too much and on Sunday I had to stay in bed to recover.

I did finally talk to my husband about some of the things that are going on with him. He of course refuses to see a counselor. (I knew that outcome before I started, but I had to try). But we made some steps in the right direction.

I slept all morning on Sunday. My mom called to ask me if I wanted to go to the downtown library with her and my brother. I went, and it was a huge effort just to stay sitting upright. One of the books I checked out was a good one on pregnancy with multiples. Some of the things I am reading, however, make me wonder if I am doing what I should for this pregnancy.

For example, it said that I should gain about 40-50 lbs. with twins. It had a chart to keep up with the weight gain. The concern is that they will be very small and have to stay in the NICU because of their size. The assumption my doctor makes is that they will be smaller than full-term singletons.

Example 2, the book recommends that with twins, you stop work at least by the 28th week. If you are at work, you should be able to lie down and rest at least a couple of times during the day. I was planning on working unless I was told to go on bed rest. Now, I really am at a loss for what to do. Again, this is recommended so that the babies are not born significantly premature.

I have a doctor appointment next Tuesday. I can also ask my doula. I just wonder if people really KNOW the right way to do this pregnancy with twins, since most of the experience is with singletons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home