Saturday, April 10, 2004

i took a nap sooner than later! I've been asleep for about 2 hours now. I feel much better!

Yesterday was a very busy day! I woke up the same time i normally do when i go to work. Cory did not have the day off, but I did. I made breakfast and got him off to work. I took the dog to the vet for a nail clipping and medication pick up. I went to the store for household items and then went to Lowe's for some comparison pricing. I ended up buying one small plant that I still have yet to put in the ground.

At home I did some laundry and then slept for about 45 minutes until my mom and my brother came over. Cody mowed the yard and mom put up the border in the babies' room. I hope we get the bedding from someone at the shower because it looks incomplete with out it. Cory assumes that the room is finished, but he does not have my vision :) He would live in a place with blank walls and be fine.

We did some other assorted things around the house and outside. I was wiped out when they left. I took another short nap then got up for a shower. I made dinner when Cory came home and then as he left to pick up an ice cream treat (!), his dad and his dad's wife show up. (we don't call her a step mom because this is the third or fourth wife his dad has had!). They brought gifts for the babies because they weren't coming to the shower. The funny thing is, Pam was invited to the shower, even though it is hosted by Cory's family (who do not like his dad). She broke her hip several mos. ago and still has a hard time getting around without help.

Anyway, that's the rundown of yesterday. Needless to say, I was wiped out!

Now I don't know what to do with today. I still need to do a little laundry. I could vacuum. I could read. I don't want to watch tv. I could take the dog for a walk later, it is chilly outside.

What sucks about being pregnant is that you get this strong "nesting" urge to straigten and clean and such. The sucky part is that you are physically unable to do much of that. And for me, I am independent and could do it all on my own if my body would let me. But i have to stop too far short of what I want to accomplish.

We have the shower today, and I am looking forward to it. I should probably conserve my energy for that because the people that will be there will be a bunch of yakky women from Cory's family and his mom's friends. I've discussed the mother in law before. When they gave us a wedding shower I just came home completely overwhelmed. I DO not fit in with that. A bunch of busybody cackling hens. I'll have to have my diplomatc mind in gear to deal with inappropriate questions and discussions. I WILL NOT discuss the doctor issue in public. That's nobody's business. I have a feeling she will ask or say something though. "I prefer to not discuss this now," will be my response. I'll have to warn Cory to not talk about it either. I'm glad that he will be there and so will my mom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home