Monday, February 23, 2009

It never ceases to amaze me when I hear a client's story for the first time. People are facinating for so many different reasons and on so many levels. I'm also often pleasantly surprised when I get what I call a "therapy convert." A new client today came in hesitant, unsure if "this" would help them. My intern led the session, but as I listened, I became more and more drawn into the story. Of course I cannot relate any of that here. But suffice it to say that having someone to "just listen,"- without interrupting, without passing judgement, with full attention- that was enough to gain another "convert." I can say that we were all relieved by the end of the session when we heard, "You know, this just might help me after all."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home