Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Small Doses

Something is going on, and I need a remedy. It's no secret that I take medication which I started taking for post-partum depression/anxiety. I've really always been an anxious person. I probably needed medication a long time ago. So, for the past two months (that I've noticed... maybe longer, if you ask my husband) I've been more depressed, crying more often, more irritable, more impatient. It seems to be worse/coincide with the week before my menstrual period. I could write it off as "just PMS," which is what I've told myself for the past two days. Now, I really feel quite intolerable to myself. So the question is, do I need a higher dose of medication? Do I just need to "deal with it"? Do I need to see about going back to a therapist? Do I just need more sleep? Is it just PMS? Do I have that PMS disorder that's now in the DSM? These are all questions running through my head. (Another symptom that has returned -- ruminations that don't stop)

What's your diagnosis, doctor blog?

4 Comments:

Blogger misterorange said...

I say relax or find a nice hobby to occupy your time. The ability to focus that nervous energy is the key.

Good luck :)

12:49 PM  
Blogger misterorange said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:50 PM  
Blogger misterorange said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:50 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

I'm sure more sleep would help, I know it must be hard to work full time and raise twins.
I would however, consult w/ the dr, you might need a medication switch or adjustment. The great and glorious Dr. Tennison used to say it's like 'shotgun therapy' trying to find the right med for someone - you just shoot and hope you get the target, sometimes it takes several shots.
I hope you get feeling better! I know how it is! :)

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home