Friday, August 20, 2004

Steps taken to feel better:
1. Asked doctor's office for samples of Lexapro until it is approved by the insurance company
2. Was also given a new birth control pill
3. Per my doula's advice, took Aidan and Cole to bed with us when they would not go to sleep at 1:30 am this morning. They slept for 4-5 hours.
4. Eating peanut butter and crackers
5. Tried to dress nice, even if it is Friday and the boss isn't here.
6. Taking left over pre-natal vitamins.

Now I just have to gear myself up to prepare for next week. I have to start giving my school presentations again. This is the part of my job that I am really tired of doing. In graduate school, we took the Myers-Briggs personality test. I scored as an Introvert on one of the personality types. (I bet you couldn't have guessed that!) Introverts are energized by their inner dialogue and thoughts. Extroverts get energy from the world around them. My presentations in schools require that I spend all of my energy being an extrovert. Plus, I have to put on my "hardened shell" exterior because the students can be really disrespectful. None of this is energizing to me. I think that i do my job well, and I've become a fair public speaker. But as an introvert, it consumes all of my energy to do this. I need to be one-on-one with someone. That energizes me the most.

Yet another reason to be moving on from this job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home