Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Co-worker told me again today that she thinks I have depression. We had a long talk about it. I've been to therapy for anxiety/depression before. I chose therapy because I felt like I needed better skills to cope with my life and changes that come in my life.

The way I feel now is very different from that time in my life. I think for the first time, I finally understand the differences in a chemical imbalance and environmental/life skills contribution to depression. There is no doubt in my mind that my life has been turned upside down. However, I've not been able to take it in stride like I normally do. Stacy told me that I've been very negative and that she really noticed it while I was still pregnant.

I just called my doctor and they will be calling me back. I had called a woman from my church last week and believe it or not, she called me back in the middle of this post. God, I'm listening... please give me some answers.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know what to do, just trust yourself and you will take care of yourself with whatever decision you make and don't feel you are crazy in the interim. It's all natural what you are going through. Motherhood, changing jobs, it's all very very stressful.

11:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

let me first offer my sincere congratulations. The probability of getting twins is not very high!
also..i'd say that motherhood is very stressful..my mother works, cooks, cleans and still has time to help me with my homework.
I wish you all the best..and no matter what talways look on the bright side of life!

11:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

let me first offer my sincere congratulations. The probability of getting twins is not very high!
also..i'd say that motherhood is very stressful..my mother works, cooks, cleans and still has time to help me with my homework.
I wish you all the best..and no matter what talways look on the bright side of life!

11:25 PM  
Blogger Hula Doula said...

You need to reach out for help sweetie. Call your in laws if you have to. Call out the forces. You all need some rest.
If I was there I would take the kids for an evening to give you all some time to refocus and rest. Please take care.

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home