Friday, August 13, 2004

I apologize for being a "tease." I have been worn out today.

First thing this morning I had to be at an event to help a coworker. I was there until about 2:30 pm. No one was at the office when i arrived. My boss came in shortly after that. I asked if we could talk for a bit and he said yes. I said, "I don't really know how to do this so here." I handed him the letter.
Boss: "So my only question is how are you going to do this financially?"
Me: (it's really none of his business, but i'll play nice) "I am exploring my options."
Boss: "What options do you have?"
Me: "well, there are some positions open that I am looking at"
Boss: "I was just wondering because one of those options called today."
Me: "Are you serious?!"
Boss: "Yeah, Covenant Health called and left a message wanting to verify employment."

Shit.

He took it well. I had intended on giving it to him yesterday but we were so busy helping Stacy with today's event that it just didn't happen. I'm going to have a ton of work to do between now and September 10. I have my school program to start scheduling and other stuff to do. Boss is busy with events and such so he won't be looking at hiring anyone for a few weeks. I think it is a mistake to wait, but hey, I won't be working there anymore.

I just can't believe those stupid HR people called him already. I was wanting them to wait until I gave my notice. Oh well. It all worked out with minimal drama.

If anyone out there living in Knoxville wants my old job, let me know.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cathy said...

Owie! That sounds horrible. Your old job doesn't sound very pleasant.

7:59 AM  
Blogger Hula Doula said...

YIKES! I hate that when they do that!! Good luck with your new job!!!

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home