Friday, July 16, 2004

Whoa Blogger did change. What is up with that?
 
I did too much yesterday, again. I decided to go to the mall and to le Target to make some returns and some purchases. We tried the stroller out for the first time. That is a real chore with two babies. We have the kind that you snap the baby carrier seats into the stroller. What a pain.
 
At the mall, people kept coming by and asking, "Oh, how adorable, are they twins?" We had them dressed alike and they were in a tandem stroller. Duh. "Are they boys or girls?" Um... do they look like girls because I don't think they do. You've seen the pictures, be honest, do they?
 
Mom said I should have a t-shirt made that says, "Yes. Boys."
 
At least no one tried to touch them. They would have gotten slapped.
 
I decided that every mom that has twins must be a stay at home mom. There were 3 other sets of twins at le Target at the time we were there, and we weren't there very long! One set of boy twins came in with mom and a big sister. The three of them were fighting over a two-seater shopping cart. The boys were about 3, maybe 4 years old. They were both screaming at the same time. My stomach sank. Apparently the mom promised them a toy to shut them up. My mom said she would have just left the store, no prizes for doing what is expected of you.
 
Cory started complaining about his ankle again. He injured it about 6 weeks ago after an incident with a cart at Lowe's. Now that he has a new job and stands on his feet for 8 hours a day, it is hurting again. What frustrates me is that both of my wrists have been hurting since I left the hospital. When I am alone with the boys, I have to sometimes lift an almost-eight lb. baby with one hand. Do you hear me complaining? Do you see me trying to get out of caring for them? That would be impossible. But last night he was clearly unhappy when he would have to get up from the couch to help me with them. Call the wah-mbulance. So I made a doctor appointment for him this morning. Please do something about it so that I don't have to take care of everyone around here.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cathy said...

I'm stealing "wah-mbulance" from you and adding to my vocabulary. Thanks!

3:08 PM  
Blogger Kristal said...

Don't worry about the boy/girl thing. Sometimes people are so dumb! When Bleu was little, everyone always thought he was a girl. Once, when we were walking through a street fair in Chicago, I got tired of it. We had the face painter write 'I am a boy' on his forehead. We hadn't gone ten feet when a woman commented to her friend, "They wrote 'I am a boy' on that poor girl's head". LOL...

and ditto about the 'wah-mbulance'! That is too funny.

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home