Thursday, February 26, 2004

I thought i was going to a school today for guest speaking. Now school is closed for the imminent threat of snow. i am concerned now about even getting out to go to work. I have to travel about 14 miles to work on an interstate with heavy traffic and road construction. I guess that the interstates would be cleared first, but I do not want to get caught in hours of traffic. being pregnant, i would have to pee on myself or get so hungry that i would get sick if i had to do that.

i guess i am more worried about this than most would be because this has happened to me before. in college i was coming home for christmas my sophomore year. a huge winter storm hit the south. virginia was prepared (as they always are) but good ole tennessee was not. when i got just outside of johnson city, i was stuck. for 5 hours. i had to pee so badly; i've never been in that much pain. so i just peed on a pillow in the car. i guess it soaked it up. i'm glad that no one was with me or it would have been worse, in a more humiliating way. but then maybe would have felt ok to get out and pee outside. i was surely not the only one in this predicament because there were many other cars and trucks on the road stuck with me.

i also got up an hour earlier than i usually do because the school i was going to has a 7 am class. i could have slept another hour! wah! oh well.... maybe it will snow enough that i won't have to go to work. my boss lives closer to the office than any of the other employees. (hmmm... is that why we moved our office to the current location? is that why he didn't consider anywhere but a certain area of town? hmmm...) i brought some things home that i could work on because i was expecting something to happen overnight.

ok, i'll just have to wait and see. another 2 hours... i could go back to sleep, but it's probably not worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home