Monday, February 23, 2004

I'm going to have to tell some people who don't know better to keep their mouths shut. I have an intern here who does have a talking problem. We've discussed this together before. However, today, she decides to share at a meeting that I am having twins. Now, whose news is this? I realize it is exciting, but it is not her news to share. I am so annoyed still that I can't talk to her about it yet. I'll wait until Wednesday.

I had to get my medical records from the Birthing Center to take to the doctor tomorrow AM. I was looking through it and found the report on the babies from the ultrasound. I should have done something in the medical profession because this is fascinating (maybe it is only because its about me). As of 2/12/04, the babies estimated fetal weights are about 0.7 lbs apiece. According to the report, they are dichorionic and diamniotic. This means that they do not share an amniotic sac. Now whether they share a placenta or not, I am not sure. From what I've read, both identical and fraternal twins can be dichorionic and diamniotic. For identical twins, if the zygote divides early in the pregnancy, then this can occur. This is good because they will not share a blood supply. Apparently if they share blood, this is bad. This is what I've learned today!

I found the site for the local parents of multiples club. I hope I can convince my husband to join. They are having a huge sale next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home