Monday, March 02, 2009

Flashback

My first car was a 1986 model year Oldsmobile Delta 88. It felt huge to my 5' 1" frame and my high school ego. Looking back on it now, it was a great car. It had seats that were like sitting on a couch and a nifty arm rest for the driver. It lasted me from my sophomore year in high school to the fall of my first year in graduate school - about 8 years.

Last night I had the opportunity to re-live those days in the Olds. My dad kept my boys while Cory and I went to FPU. We traded cars and my dad has my grandparents' car - an Oldsmobile. It wasn't exactly the same as mine, but it was close enough that I thought I was in a time machine. Those cars have a huge engine and they ride so smoothly that you will be doing 65 down the back roads of Halls without realizing it. If I could go back, I would have treated my car a lot better than I did...
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home