Saturday, May 08, 2004

The zoo event went well this year. I think what worked was that our exhibitors (how ever few their were) had activities. The one thing that did not go well was the final entertainment act. I felt bad for the teens that came to play because they did not have an audience. I went to the bathroom, came back and they had gone. Oh well, I guess we'll know better next time.

As far as planning this event alone next year, I just don't know where I'll be this time next year. I've been sitting in bed since I got home, and although the TV is on, I have really been consumed by the ideas I keep generating. I want to work from home, start my own business, etc. I want to take these risks, but then something holds me back. I need to go back to yesterday before I get into this...

Cory comes home and drops the bomb that I think we both have been expecting for awhile. He was "mutually" let go from his job. This means that we have insurance paid thru June, one and 1/2 incomes, and even more stress to deal with. Yet, surprisingly, we do not have this probation thing hanging over us now, and in a way, it is relief. So he is frantically searching for a job. No one in the family (or no one who knows our family) is to be told until he has another job. ESPECIALLY his mother.

Ok, so back to my work from home ideas. Despite being pregnant, I know I am not stupid. I know I have many talents. But how do I form that into a business plan that is going to succeed? I could start my own non-profit. But what services do we need in this town that aren't already provided? (or inadequately provided?) My mind is revved up; I just need some direction.

It would be great for us to find a way to mix our talents so that we could be in business together. How can you combine social work with cooking? hmmm....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home