Monday, February 16, 2004

It's not 5:45 am but 6:40 am. I gained an hour, woohoo!

It is very difficult to get ready for work when your brother is on the couch and your husband is in the bed trying to sleep. I am glad they get a day off, but I hate to tiptoe around them.

I may have to make a sign to put on my belly that says "Don't Touch" or as Cody says "No Touchie." My mother in law was the first to touch my belly on Saturday. It really freaked me out. At least it was someone I knew. From what I understand, perfect strangers will come up to you and touch your belly. In a society that is so individualistic and devalues human touch it amazes me that everyone thinks they have free reign over you when you are pregnant. What's that about?

My dog is confused by everyone sleeping, too. She is used to us being up and getting ready for work. There is usually a point in every morning where she will just sit on the couch and give us a "look" meaning "I am very mad that you will be leaving me soon." She has also taken up a "blocking" technique. We will both be in the bedroom getting ready and she will lie down in the doorway, I assume thinking that she can watch us and block us from leaving. Yeah, good try Jackie, maybe that would work if you were a Lab.

I wanted to get to work early this morning because I have a crap load to do when I get there. I'll complain about my job later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home